Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review ♥ Drugstore Foundations


Hello everyone! So today I was having a snoop through my foundation drawer and came across all of the drugstore foundations I've ever tried, so I though I'd pull 'em out, dust 'em off and do a little review! Although I no longer wear foundations because of my extremely prominent and difficult olive-y undertones (but that's a story for another day), I still have a ton left over. So here ya go!
Enjoy xx



Foundation: Revlon Nearly Naked
Color: 160 Fresh Beige
Finish: Dewy
Price: $8

I purchased this foundation when it had first come out, and felt I needed a little change in my makeup routine. This foundation gives very light coverage, but is build-able. It doesn't last very long, but is extremely light. It is great for summer or if you want to have a light foundation day.  Although this claimed to have warmer undertones, my olive toned skin would have to disagree. Overall this wasn't the foundation for me, but I would recommend to those looking for an alternative to a BB cream.



Foundation: Revlon PhotoReady Makeup
Color: 007 Cool Beige 
Finish: Natural
Price: $11

Overall I did not enjoy this foundation. First of all it is quite pricey for a drugstore foundation and I feel that it isn't great quality. This foundation has very light, almost see-through coverage and comes off so luminescent that its sparkly. Also, picking up the wrong color didn't help either. I have heard good reviews of this foundation, but I personally didn't like it.


*let me apologize for a gross looking bottle-it was the only one I had*

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin
Color: 310 Warm Golden
Finish: Matte
Price: $10

Yes, I know this foundation has been reviewed to death but the rumors are true--this foundation is great! It leaves a nice matte finish, lasts all day and doesn't rub off or smudge! I used this foundation for months (even though it wasn't my color) and loved it all through out. The only negative thing I have to say about this foundation is that the Colorstay line only carries foundations with pink undertones, which means I can't use it :( , but other than that I would highly recommend this foundation.



Foundation: Covergirl True Match
Color: W6 Sun Beige and W7 Caramel Beige 
Finish: Dewy
Price: $7-9

Another foundation I have nearly overused! I used True Match W6 for at least a year, and in my tanner days mixed it with W7. I really loved this foundation because its blends easily, stays on a good amount of time, and for the most part will match to your skin. But again my olive skin just didn't cooperate. The only negative thing I can say about this foundation is that its packaging makes it quite difficult to pour out and mix (it will literally pour half the bottle on your hand) and it tends to stick to dry patches. 



Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup
Color: 320 Warm Golden and 330 True Beige
Finish: Natural
Price: $11

One more of my loved foundations, but this one was short lived sadly. The first reason why I stopped using this foundation is because, like a mentioned before, Colorstay foundations are just too pink--and the whipped foundations even more so because there are less color choices. The second reason is because its first ingredient is dimethicone (a silicone based chemical) and my skin and silicone do not mix, so naturally it made me break out. But while I was using this foundation is was fantastic. It feels so light and creamy on your face, yet has a amazing coverage. It stays on literally all day and-- now here's the strange part--although I did get oily with it on rather than it stopping oil it didn't smudge my makeup it almost sat on top of it. I thought this was strange, but none the less. It also seems to look better the longer you wear it.


And those are some drugstore foundations in my stash! I may do another one of these with foundations that I ran out of and no longer have the bottles for, let me know in the comments if you'd like that :)
Thank you for reading xx







No comments:

Post a Comment