Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review ♥ Monistat- Chafing Relief Powder- Gel (Primer)



Because of my lack of posting yesterday, here's one more today! Yay! 
Monistat- Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (used as primer) Review
$6 at Walmart




(Sorry for my weird scar hand!)

So yesterday I was snooping around online looking for a good primer. I just ran out of my Neutrogena Shine Control Primer (which I didn't like very much at all) and was using the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base (mouthful much?) which does not control oil. I was in desperate need because my combination skin leaves me dry and patchy on my cheeks and super oily around my nose and on my forehead. I happened to come across a post about using the chafing gel as a primer and decided to check it out on Makeupalley.com. The reviews are about half and half it seems, but I decided to pick it up anyway. And considering it was only $6 at Walmart I figured I had nothing to lose. And let me tell you it was totally worth standing in the vagina cream and pregnancy test section of Walmart for like 10 minutes just trying to find this little beauty. 


This powder-gel comes out clear and thick, so a little goes a long way. It spreads easily and smoothly and leaves you with a soft and silky base. After I applied it to my t-zone I went about my normal routine, using NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I then had to leave this morning to babysit, and let me tell you it was hot--and I had to walk home after. But my makeup stayed completely put. Even after 7 hours of wear I'm still not oily! Although it seems an odd substitute for a primer, this gel definitely works definitely works. I will absolutely be repurchasing and recommending! 

No comments:

Post a Comment